Distance Education is currently being offered to Years 8 to 11 students.
Please find below a summarisation of how Distance Education will be delivered,:
- All subjects from Years 9-11 will be aligned to the Australian Curriculum, The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA). For Year 11 and 12, pathways offered will be aligned to QCAA.
- Online learning will replicate the on campus program however, some activities and delivery may be altered to suit individual student’s capability, needs, and online restrictions.
- Students will be allocated lessons together with a student guide at the beginning of each term
- Lessons will be delivered through our online learning platform, Canvas therefore a reliable internet connection will be required
- All work and assignments is to be submitted electronically through Canvas
- Students will also be able to access one on one support with staff through Google Chats and Zoom
- Please be advised that Distance Education may also be a temporary option for students that are interested in attending campus; however due to full capacity they are unable to do so. Students can commence online and once a position becomes available a transfer can be arranged.
- We charge a levy of $125 per term.
It is a legal requirement of enrolment in Arcadia College’s Distance Education programme that the applicant student and their parents/carers are permanent residents of Queensland. All applicants will need to provide sufficient proof of residence to the enrolments team prior to receiving an offer of enrolment. Such proof may include Queensland Driver’s Licence, Current Rates Notice or Residential Property Lease Agreement.