Distance Education will be offered initially to Year 9 and Year 10 students commencing Term 3, 2022 with Year 11 and Year 12 students to commence in Term 1, 2023.
Please find below a summarisation of how Distance Education will be delivered,:
- All subjects from Years 7-10 will be aligned to the Australian Curriculum, The Queensland Curriculum and Assessment Authority (QCAA). For Year 11 and 12, pathways offered will be aligned to QCAA.
- Online learning will replicate the on campus program however, some activities and delivery may be altered to suit individual student’s capability, needs, and online restrictions.
- Students will be allocated lessons together with a student guide at the beginning of each term
- Lessons will be delivered through our online learning platform, Canvas therefore a reliable internet connection will be required
- All work and assignments is to be submitted electronically through Canvas
- Students will also be able to access one on one support with staff through Google Chats and Zoom
- Please be advised that Distance Education may also be a temporary option for students that are interested in attending campus; however due to full capacity they are unable to do so. Students can commence online and once a position becomes available a transfer can be arranged.